Dear Webmaster, I would love to write for your site. Here’s my un-related article with 17 million links back to my site.
Please don’t send s**t like that to me.
I’m just not up for it, ok?
I work in a digital agency. I get it! And I find transparent emails from people who want a link for the least effort possible pretty annoying.
WHAT I DO ACCEPT
I’m totally open to people writing on The Fugly Funny Side – even encourage people to do so. Having other moms contribute here brings a new perspective and a different writing style to my readers. That can’t be a bad thing can it?
That said, there are a few guidelines that must be followed – no exceptions:
- Content submitted should be family related or family travel related. It should offer something new, not already said, and be written in a personable style and tone that is engaging.
- What does the reader get out of it? Entertainment? Advice? Useful information about a product or place? Put the people reading this at the forefront of your mind when coming up with your content submission.
- Please don’t send me full articles. Send me an intro first and a few loose ideas about what you might want to write about.
- I will happily include editorially relevant links in the content and links to social profiles. Do not overdue it. You only get one chance.
- I won’t link to payday loans sites, adult sites or pharma sites. At all. No exceptions. Not a chance.
- I don’t post promotional content. Everything written here has to be based on an actual opinion or experience.
Drop me an email or reach out via the contact form. Introduce yourself, tell me what you’d like to write about etc.